Dock Links only collects, uses, and discloses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Offering and providing exclusive discounts and benefits to you;
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Compiling statistics;
- Notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by us, or our affiliated companies.
Your knowledge and consent of Dock Links’ collection use and disclosure of your Personal Information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information practices:
- Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly to Dock Links or through affiliated companies for acquiring a membership (including information previously provided to Dock Links).
- Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal, or electronic application process;
- Your consent solicited by Dock Links for a specified purpose;
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent, or holder of a power of attorney.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time. Dock Links will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent. In some cases, refusing to provide certain Personal Information or withdrawing consent for Dock Links to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information could mean that we cannot provide you with membership benefits or other requested products, services, or information.
If you wish to withdraw your consent to be notified of marketing initiatives, please call us at 705-330-0983.
Dock Links will maintain your Personal Information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
Dock Links will protect your Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, and storage of the Personal Information.
Accountability, Openness & Customer Access
When you call us, we may confirm your identity by asking you to confirm certain Personal Information and you may be directed to send us certain requests in writing.
Limiting Collection & Retention of Personal Information
Dock Links will only collect, use, or disclose Personal Information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes or as required by law. If we require Personal Information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose.
Dock Links will only collect Personal Information by fair and lawful means.
We will retain Personal Information only as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purposes.
If you are not satisfied with Dock Links’ response to a privacy related inquiry or complaint, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada during business hours at 1-800-282-1376 or at www.privcom.gc.ca.